Hajji Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar Akhund's speech at the appreciation meeting held for the government's accountability to the nation
نحمده و نصلي على رسوله الكريم و علی اله و اصحابه اجمعین أما بعد فأعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم، بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
To the respectable representatives of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, the respectable cabinet ministers, the media representatives, and all the attendees seated in the hall.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!
I hope everything is going well in your lives and that you are all doing well.
First of all, I would like to thank those who organized this meeting. As you know, it has been more than a year since the re-establishment of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, and, alhamdulillah, we have made significant achievements.
The IEA shared its achievements with the nation and was praised by it. I will mention a few examples of these achievements here:
- Ruling the Sharia system over the entire country;
- Getting rid of administrative fraud and opium cultivation;
- Establishing the national budget from domestic sources;
- Keeping the Afghani stable against foreign currencies;
- Timely payment of salaries to more than 800 thousand government employees;
- Eliminating parallel agencies and taking serious steps to facilitate work processes in governmental offices;
- Providing employment to tens of thousands of citizens in development projects and mines;
- Solving many problems in the educational and health fields;
- Starting the rehabilitation of highways;
- The opening of basic projects at the national level, such as Qosh Tepa Canal, Afghan Invest Company, second phase of Kajaki Dam, Perozi Town Industrial Park, and Qashqara Oil Block;
- Facilitating both domestic and international investment;
- Providing treatment for tens of thousands of drug users;
- Collecting thousands of beggars. The beggar collection process is still going on.
As you know, we inherited such a poverty-stricken system and an administration whose officials have not done anything for the nation and the people except for themselves and their families.
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan has made commendable progress over the past year, but the problems left over from the previous 20 years of occupation cannot be resolved in a year. Afghanistan is still making significant progress toward prosperity despite all of its problems.
In the end, I thank all government officials for their efforts and wish them success in their endeavors.
Thank you for your attention,